El Beso del Final in Havana Nights

 


When I was asked to choose a song to dance to in the SP party, immediately popped up was El Beso del Final. Just because of this song, and the official MV, I felt like re-watching HN (2004) again, and, I have such an obsession that if I have something of a series done, I felt an urge to get the series done. So I also watched DD again.

I hadn't watched DD before HN; I hadn't watched HN before I watched the trailer of the dance scenes. And even you have never watched it, now you can expect a film amazed me should be dealing with Latin and ballroom. And so it is.
HN was a movie, dance is part of it. I like dance movies in the old days better than these day's because dance in old movies played a proper role that it was never overdone. HN was basically a love story between a rich girl and a poor boy. The disparity in the two families gave the love an intricate texture. Dancing was a tool that helped Javier, who was not really talented in ballroom, to earn money; dancing, on the other hand, was a long forgotten legacy for Katy, who was not quite into dancing. The two of them worked hard to enter the final. I like this setting because it is more realistic than to have everyone being incredible dancer but fail to beat the even more incredible team (yes, I mean those street dancing films). I also like the ending, somehow I felt like reading Gone with the Wind- separating and parting but that was not the end of everything. It is just soooo romantic.
DD (1987) is a favourite of someone else. I first heard of it from a senior dancer three years ago, just before Christmas. Right after CNY, i.e. 2 or 4 months later, the same dancer mentioned the same movie again in the Pangea. It seemed to me that DD was a must for a dancer like me. Well, it was about mambo. Story happened in a holiday resort within a couple of days when Baby and her family went there for holiday. It was an old school story that a rich girl fell for a low status dance coach Johny. Rather a simple story but I personally thinks that it is still better than the dance movies these days as these days people seem to have no brain to write even a simple puppy love story.

If I need to vote, I will vote for HN because of its dancing, its theme songs, and its more romantic story.

的推文