Hellzapoppin' (1941)

Just because someone said 'Everyone who thinks s/he can jive should watch this for it filmed some arguably the best Lindy hop moves in history', I sat myself 1.5 hours to watch this black and white comedy, and found myself was bored by this humour which did not belong to my generation. And that didn't look like jive or Lindy hop, it looked like Boogie Woogie, which is the one I don't really enjoy. 


I had not seen any dancing for the first half of the movie, when the ‘best dance’ came it really jived me crazy; I had never ever seen such ugly dance!


I then confirmed myself that I would just stick to the standardized ballroom jive, and I was truly thankful to the fact that jive has evolved into its elegant form today. Please look at Yulia the queen of jive, she gives us dazzling performances and shows us what’s mean by timeless glamour. 

internet source: Yulia the Queen of Jive

的推文