The Carribbean Night (behind the scene story)

When the audience watched this dance last Friday, they wowed; and HERE, is how we worked that wow out. 

No time for rehearsals
We were told that we had such a performance more than a month ago, however, the arrangement for rehearsal was made just a week before the night (which made an issue for me as I was not anywhere convenient most of the time, and my partner always had other things to deal with). In the end, the rehearsal was made without me. Someone stood in my place and ran through the choreography. I was sent the video for working out details, and I had an hour's informal practice in the VP talking through the routine. Well, I didn't mind, at all, dancing in the public and anyway we would not be seen in dark. Ng... it turned out still some causal passer-by appreciated our dance. 

Change the routine on the spot
On the very Friday, the crew met on that spot at 7.15 whereas the performance was supposed to be at 8.15. I got 10 mins to have my quickest dress-up, make-up and hair-do. We went through everything in the car park, That was the first time the four of us meeting for a whole dance. And only at that time we had a chance to discuss on which beat doing what, whether it's okay to split on that not-so-ideal floor, if it would be a good idea to make some minor changes... Finally, we made some changes 10 mins before the performance. 

Got hurt right before the dance
By the time we were having our little free time my partner and I went discussing about the freestyle and had anot-so-little accident. I hurt my foot! It was awful! It got swollen so much that my foot looked like so chunky. He got some ice to help cool it down a bit. I was hurt badly but we still had to dance. 

The unexpected chair and the missing of beats
We had a part for girls doing a sexy lap dance for the boys, but we didn't rehearse it using a chair with arms. Facing this unexpected issue, I had to change; so I just made up something right on the spot. We had some bits choreographed while mostly we were doing our own dance. When we were busy doing our own dance, we missed the beat and my lead decided to just let go and ended the dance with one last seducer drop. 

Wardrobe malfunction
I wasn't intended to wear this but my boobs popped out when I fitted the one I wanted... At last I chose this safer one. Still nice. 

==> Wow, that's fun. Still we had good applause.