High Strung (2016)




It proves that lovely dancing can make a movie watchable even the plot is ... High Strung is not only about dancing but also about musician. It is a shame that I have never been, and never will be, a music expert, so I mainly focused on the beautiful dancing.




Everything started when a busling violinist got his knstrument stolen. The meeting of a naive college girl was his fortune (see? Fairy tale again.) My fortune has been knowin that she is a dancer, every moment she was moving across the floor, with or without peers, was an enjoyment, and that I was addicted to her feet. A very strict teacher discovered her true self and helped her improve, andfjnally she and the violin man won in a context, and that solved all the problems- money and visa.

I love The Pub Dance as recently I am quite into tapping, and the Tango Dance was nice too even though I think Tango should be more about walking. Doesn't matter at all, I know most people like to see aerials.

The Final Dance, was the highlight, just like all the other dance movies. However, I like this one more because it is not a fusion dance. Honestly, the mixing of Contemporary dancing and Street dancing was not new (that is how jazz evolves). But in mot other movies, they either film the dancing separately or modify one to brew a new style. Neither approach was in, instead they blended the dancers, not the dance genres.

I have been saying this over and over, 'you can Tango to the music but other people can jazz it on the same floor right next to you. You may find couples Viennese Waltz-ing around the outter circle, but there are people Swing-ing in the inner circle and some Line-dancing in the centre, and there is nothing wrong.' Why should they think that there should be only on dance on the floor at the same time? Come on, read the syllabus (I am ISTD, but I think IDTA teaches the same idea). The floor is structured so that twe can dance different dances without interfering one and other, isn't it?




的推文