Dance Off (2014)


Dance Off (2014)


Dance Off caught my eyes for two reasons. First, there is Kathryn McCormick. Second, the portrait of the parents. 

Yes, you found this face of the leading actress very familiar, she is Emily in Step Up Revolution, she is Kathryn herself in Lift Me Up, and you can also see her appear on (and to the finalist) a number of So You Think You Can Dance. She and Shane Harper made a great opening for the movie, I was astonished. Even though I am not a professional in Jazz, Contemporary or Hip Hop dancing, I can tell that they were really dancing. I enjoyed all the dance scenes and I especially love how her body was built, sexily built with muscles, however, I personally think that she fits our dances more than Ballet. In my impression, ballerinas are all lean and skinny with only necessary muscles, looking at her I thought maybe I had been wrong, she is a hot dancer. Oh yes, I should not forget to mention that I deeply believe that this is far better than Step Up Evolution, which is a movie relies too heavily on the effect and thus could not unveil the true talent of the dancers. 

Now we are going to the reason number two. The plot. It was soooooo amusing and entertaining! One must not miss the 'tiger moms'. If you think that's exaggerating you are wrong. It was so pathetic! We have a lot if such annoying parents here in Hong Kong as I need to deal with them face to face! The other day I blogger about our dancing kids on my Danceblog, and if you did not get the picture of what kind of people I get to deal with, the movie can absolutely help you understand- while the bossy parents themselves know nothing about the dance profession, they were commanding not only their children, but also the teachers. I think they only embarrass the child rather than to help them improve the skills. But of course they presented it in a more humorous way, which made it full of fun. 

Well, in short, I would like to sum everything up with just a sentence: you must watch it no matter you are a dance-lover or not, it is so awesome. 


的推文